Tour Adelaide - The heart of South Australia.
Adelaide is the capital city of South Australia and offers a wide range of sightseeing opportunities for visitors. The city is known for its beautiful parks and gardens, such as the Botanic Garden, which features a diverse collection of plants and a Victorian Palm House. The Adelaide Parklands are also worth a visit, with the Rymill Park and the Botanic Park offering ample space for picnics, walking, and cycling.
For history enthusiasts, the city center offers a number of historic buildings and monuments, such as the Parliament House and the Adelaide Town Hall. The Art Gallery of South Australia is also a must-visit, with its impressive collection of Australian and international art.
For a taste of Adelaide’s cultural heritage, take a stroll down Rundle Street, known for its trendy cafes, restaurants, and shops, as well as its historic architecture. The Adelaide Central Market is also a must-see, offering a wide variety of fresh produce, local specialties, and souvenirs.
Adelaide is also home to a number of beautiful beaches, such as Glenelg and Henley Beach. Take a day trip to the nearby wine regions, such as McLaren Vale and Barossa Valley, to taste some of the best wines in the country.
For a unique experience, take a scenic tour on the River Torrens, which runs through the heart of the city, or take a cruise to the nearby Kangaroo Island, known for its unique wildlife and breathtaking landscapes.
Adelaide offers something for everyone, and with so many things to see and do, it’s a great destination for visitors of all ages.
This tour is designed to give you a snapshot of Adelaide and its surrounds. We travel through the city fringe and make our way to the beautiful Adelaide Hills region into Hahndorf with a few places to show you along the way.
Once we arrive in Hahndorf you will have some free time to explore this quaint, historic, German heritage village.
Our return trip will take you along North Terrace which is the premier cultural boulevard of Adelaide. This terrace is home to many of our significant and important buildings and showcases beautiful architecture along a tree-lined boulevard.
Suggested Adelaide Sightseeing Itinerary
- Pickup from Hotel or Airport
- Victoria Avenue Hyde Park
- Mt Lofty Summit
- Carminow Castle
- Mt Lofty House
- Thorngrove Manor
- Bridgewater Mill
- Back to Adelaide CBD – driving past
- Botanic Gardens
- Adelaide Zoo
- St Peters Cathedral
- Adelaide Oval
- North Terrace (the premier cultural boulevard of Adelaide)
- Royal Adelaide Hospital
- South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute
- Adelaide Convention Centre
- Adelaide Railway Station
- Old Parliament House
- Parliament House
- Government House (State Governors Residence)
- National War Memorial
- State Library of South Australia
- Institute Building (1859)
- Spence Wing
- Mortlock Wing (1884)
- South Australian Museum
- Art Gallery of South Australia
- University of Adelaide (original campus)
- Mitchell Building
- Elder Conservatorium of Music
- Bonython Hall
- Napier Building Ligertwood Building
- University of South Australia (The building was originally the South Australian School of Mines and Industries/Adelaide Technical High School)
- The Old Royal Adelaide Hospital Precinct
- Adelaide Botanic Gardens
- National Wine Centre of Australia
Suggested Port Adelaide Sightseeing Itinerary
- Pickup from the Airport, Accommodation, Bus Station or Rail Terminal
- Travel along the coast through:
- West Beach
- Henley Beach
- Largs Bay
- Port Adelaide Precinct
- Return to Accommodation, Airport, Bus Station or Rail Terminal
- Tasting Fees, & Experiences ARE included
- Lunch is NOT included
- Bottled Water provided
- NO Alcohol, drugs, food, or drinks not to be consumed in our vehicles
- $200 soiling fee may apply
- All Extras & Experiences are subject to availability
- Hotel Pickups available. See list