Tour the Murraylands - untamed natural beauty
Tour through the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia with stopovers at Mount Lofty Summit, Beerenberg Farm and Historic Hahndorf. Then we travel out to the Murraylands to explore the vast and natural beauty that is our River Murray.
Here in South Australia, we source most of our water from the River Murray. At 2508 kilometres long, spanning New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia it is Australia’s longest river and provides a lot of water to almost 1.5 million households as well as farms and businesses. It is the third longest navigable river on the planet, with only the Amazon and Nile rivers ahead of it.
The Captain Proud Paddle Boat cruises a small but beautiful part of the river and boasts a fully decked-out period-styled dining area and bar. Enjoy a fine meal and a drink to go with it as you cruise slowly past majestic scenery. Check out the wildlife and experience the River Murray in all its untamed natural beauty. Cruise past the points of interest that you can only really see from the river.
See the wonderful scenery as you take in the fresh air on the deck outside the dining room. Learn of the wonderful history of the area as you relax in comfort with friends, loved ones, or business partners. We will deliver a unique experience that will be both fun and memorable.
Contact us to create your next touring experience, your day of sightseeing, river cruise and non-stop views awaits.
Suggested Murraylands Tour Itinerary:
- Pick up from your Adelaide CBD Accommodation or Glenelg at 8:30 am
- Scenic drive through the Adelaide Hills, maybe spot a koala or kangaroo in the wild
- Big Rocking Horse
- Herbig Family Tree
- Bear Rock
- Mannum Falls
- Reedy Creek
- Paddle History at the Visitor Centre
- River Murray Flood Tree
- Transfer to Mypolonga
- Aussie Apricots
- Motor Museum
- Woodlane Reserve
- Transfer to Murray Bridge
- Lunch Options available
- Three Bridges that span the River Murray
- The Round House
- Captains Cottage – Historical details of the town’s history
- Captain Sturt’s Reserve
- The Bunyip
- Transfer to Tailem Bend
- Old Tailem Town
- Tailem Bend Visitor Centre – local history
- Ferry transfer across the River Murray to Jervois
- Return to Hotel in Adelaide CBD or Glenelg and Hahndorf – 5:30 pm
- Tasting Fees, & Experiences are NOT included
- Select from options when booking in Extras
- Lunch is included
- Water provided onboard
- NO alcohol, drugs, food, or drinks not to be consumed in vehicles
- $200 soiling fee may apply
- All Extras & Experiences are subject to availability
- Hotel Pickups available. See list